Re-elected Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has withdrawn the lawsuit filed against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of the state government’s bank account.
Adeleke confirmed the withdrawal shortly after he was declared the winner of the August 15 governorship election during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.
The governor said he had instructed the state Attorney General to discontinue the legal action, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention in the dispute.
“I’m putting them behind. What else do I want? I have instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr. President has done well. He called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke stated.
Adeleke had previously challenged the EFCC’s decision to freeze the state government’s accounts, describing the action as politically motivated and detrimental to the operations of his administration.
The account freeze became a major political issue ahead of the Osun governorship election, particularly because the restrictions were imposed shortly before the August 15 poll.
Following concerns over the timing of the action, President Tinubu directed the anti-graft agency to lift the restrictions and discontinue the associated legal proceedings.
Adeleke also spoke about allegations that some of his supporters and government officials had been invited for questioning by the EFCC.
He said he had directed his legal team to provide the necessary support to those affected.
“Well, we have been talking. I have been calling all my lawyers to go there. I’m sure the APC in Osun, according to them, they are telling us they are using federal might,” he said.
The withdrawal of the case marks a significant step towards ending the dispute between the Osun State Government and the EFCC as Adeleke begins another term in office following his victory at the polls.







